The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Masbate City, Masbate is made up of a sole LTO office: the LTO Masbate District Office (DO). Like its counterparts in other cities and municipalities, the LTO Masbate District Office is an LTO branch meant to serve the residents and visitors of the City of Masbate. Through branch offices like this one, the LTO ensures that the agency’s operations are readily available in the city and within the premises of its geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). The LTO Masbate District Office (DO) was also opened in an effort to make the LTO more efficient and effective in implementing its rules and regulations on the roads. Plus, with a local LTO branch like the LTO Masbate District Office operating in the city of Masbate, the people can enjoy the convenience offered by a closer branch of the agency. Gone are the days when they needed to spend time, effort, and money to go to another place to satisfy their LTO-related needs.
As the only city and the main commercial center in the heart of the province of Masbate, Masbate City is well-known for its well-protected seaport. The city is also strategically located, serving as the Bicol Region’s gateway to the Visayas and Mindanao. Because of its prime location, Masbate City is a favored location in the region, both for business establishments and government agencies like the LTO to be the center of their regional operations in this part of South Luzon.
What is LTO Masbate City?
LTO Masbate refers to the lone LTO district office stationed in Masbate City, Masbate: the LTO Masbate District Office (DO). Like the rest of the LTO offices in the Philippines, the LTO Masbate District Office serves as the local operating arm of the LTO Central Office in Masbate City. It was opened to showcase the agency’s efforts of bridging the LTO programs and the local transacting public of Masbate City. It was also meant to serve all the local and visiting drivers, car owners, and operators from the nearby areas. It also brings the LTO core programs and services—including the registration and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and license and permits—closer to the people, for more convenient, more affordable, and easier LTO transactions, especially for the people who work behind the wheels. On top of these, having a local LTO office in Masbate City simply means that there is no need for the people of Masbate City to travel to another place or to spend as much to get their LTO-related documents processed.
As the lone LTO office in Masbate City, Masbate, the LTO Masbate District Office (DO) not only offers the agency’s core programs and services in the area. It also prompts the locals to engage with the agency and help it carry out its mandate more effectively. The local LTO office also serves as a reminder to the public that the LTO is around, quietly watching over the roads of Masbate City.
List of Services Offered by LTO Naga City
Beyond being a detailed guide on the LTO Masbate District Office located on Capitol Site, Airport Road, Masbate City, Masbate, this article serves as a guide to all the services that the agency pledges to deliver in a fast, efficient, and effective service through its frontline offices, both in the local area of Masbate and its GAOR or in other places with an LTO branch. For any LTO-related services in the vicinity of Masbate City and its neighboring towns and cities, however, LTO branch office in Masbate City is always ready to serve the people in the area.
Listed below are some of the most frequently availed of services offered by the LTO through its branch offices:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that not all LTO offices are equipped to offer the full range of LTO services, so some offices may have limited service offerings. It’s best to check with the LTO Masbate District Office first to see if the service you need is available before you make an actual trip.
How to Contact LTO Masbate City
Reaching out to LTO Masbate City simply involves either making a call, sending an email, or sending a message via social media. It can be done either by reaching out to the LTO Masbate District Office (DO) or via the LTO Region 5 (Bicol Region) regional office.
For the complete contact information of the LTO Region 5 (Bicol Region) regional office, please check the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 5 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 5000
Office Address: Regional Government Center, Rawis, Legazpi City, Albay
Telephone Number: 742-08-72, 0929-499-9577
Head of Agency: Francisco P. Ranches Jr., CESO VI
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To contact the LTO Masbate District Office, please check out the following:
LTO Masbate District Office (DO)
Agency Code: 0528 (E03)
Office Address: Capitol Site, Airport Road, Masbate City, Masbate
Telephone Number: 578-13-30, 0946-264-1574
Head of Agency: Maricar B. Butalid
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays to Fridays)
Where is Masbate City
Masbate City, officially known as the City of Masbate, is a fourth class component city and capital of the province of Masbate. It is the only city in the province and it serves as the main provincial commercial center and chief seaport. The city is more or less situated at the center of Masbate province and Masbate Island, making it an ideal center for trading activities in the province. It also serves as the intra-distributor of almost all commodities being traded to other municipalities in the entire province, prompting the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry to recognize Masbate City as Top 4 Awardee Nationwide in the 2013 Most Business-Friendly LGU Award (City Level 3 Category). The city is also cited as the 20th Most Competitive City in the Philippines.
Geographically, Masbate City is located at the center of the Philippine archipelago, about 212.5 aerial miles or 362 nautical miles from Manila. It is bounded on the northeast by Masbate Pass, on the southeast by Tugbo River and the Municipality of Mobo; on the southwest by the Municipality of Milagros; and on the northwest by a portion of Asid River and the municipalities of Milagros and Baleno. It is noted for its well-protected seaport, with Ticao Island acting as a natural barrier against the effects of inclement weather from the north-east. Being located at the central part of the Philippine archipelago, the city also serves as Bicol Region’s gateway to the Visayas and Mindanao, making it an ideal place for trade and government operations.
Google Map Location
Getting in and around Masbate City is easy as there are available public transport services to the city. There’s Moises R. Espinosa Airport which makes the city accessible by air. The Masbate port ensures that the city is also accessible by sea, on board the luxury shipping lines from the Port of Manila for 16 to 18 hours. There’s also an option for land travel, as Masbate can also be reached from Manila by land through South Road to the Port of Pio Duran, Albay, Pilar, Sorsogon, and Bulan, Sorsogon via the RORO ferry and fastcraft or via motorized boat.
Of course, driving around Masbate City is also an option if you own a car. To get more information on the specific driving directions to Masbate City and LTO Masbate District Office (DO), you may check the map below: