The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Sorsogon City, Sorsogon comprises a single LTO office: the LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO). Like its counterparts in other places, the LTO Sorsogon District Office is an LTO branch meant to serve the residents and visitors of the City of Sorsogon. Through this branch office, the LTO ensures that the agency’s operations are readily available in the city and within the premises of its geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). The LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO) was also created so the LTO can be much more efficient and effective in implementing its rules and regulations on the roads. Plus, with a local LTO branch like the LTO Sorsogon District Office operating in the city of Sorsogon, the people can enjoy the convenience of a closer branch of the agency. Gone are the days when they needed to spend time, effort, and money to go to another place just to satisfy their LTO-related needs.
Sorsogon City, as one of the major cities in the region, is the economic center of Sorsogon Province and a hub of trade and commerce. It is fast becoming a major investment hub and is considered one of the fastest emerging cities for doing business in the country. As the third largest city in the province in terms of population and the largest city in terms of land area in Bicol, Sorsogon City is a favored location in the region, both for business establishments and government agencies like the LTO to be the center of their regional operations in these parts.
What is LTO Sorsogon?
LTO Sorsogon refers to the lone LTO district office stationed in the City of Sorsogon in the Sorsogon province: the LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO). Like the other LTO offices elsewhere, the LTO Sorsogon District Office serves as the local operating arm of the LTO Central Office in Sorsogon City. It was meant to display the agency’s efforts, bridge the LTO programs and the local transacting public of Masbate City, and offer LTO assistance to all the local and visiting drivers, car owners, and operators from Sorsogon City and the nearby areas. It also brings the LTO core programs and services—including the registration and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and license and permits—closer to the people, for a more convenient, more affordable, and easier experience while conducting LTO transactions. This is especially so for the people who work behind the wheels. Plus, with a local LTO office in Sorsogon City, there is no longer any need for the people of Masbate City to travel to another place or to spend as much to get their LTO-related documents processed.
As the lone LTO office in Sorsogon City, Sorsogon, the LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO) not only offers the agency’s core programs and services in the area, but it also prompts the locals to engage with the agency and help it carry out its mandate more effectively. As a local LTO office, it also serves as a reminder to the public that the LTO is around, quietly watching over the safety of the roads and the drivers of Sorsogon City.
List of Services Offered by LTO Sorsogon City
Beyond being a detailed guide on the LTO Sorsogon District Office located on Brgy. Cabid-an, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon, this article serves as a complete guide to the contact information and all the programs that the agency pledges to deliver in a fast, efficient, and effective service through its frontline offices, both in the local area of Sorsogon City and its GAOR or in other places with an LTO branch. For any LTO-related services in the vicinity of Sorsogon City and its neighboring towns and cities, however, the LTO branch office in Sorsogon City is always ready to serve.
Listed below are some of the most frequently availed of services offered by the LTO through its branch offices:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that while all LTO offices are intended to serve the public with their LTO-related needs, some offices are not equipped well enough to offer the full range of LTO services. This means that some LTO offices may have limited service offerings. It’s best to check with the LTO Sorsogon District Office first to see if the service you need is available before you actually visit.
How to Contact LTO Sorsogon City
Reaching out to LTO Sorsogon City can be done either by making a call, sending an email, or sending a message via social media. It can be done through the local LTO, the LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO), or via the LTO Region 5 (Bicol Region) regional office.
To reach out to the LTO Region 5 (Bicol Region) regional office, please check the following contact information:
Land Transportation Office Region 5 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 5000
Office Address: Regional Government Center, Rawis, Legazpi City, Albay
Telephone Number: 742-08-72, 0929-499-9577
Head of Agency: Francisco P. Ranches Jr., CESO VI
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To contact the LTO Sorsogon District Office, please check out the following contact details:
LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO)
Agency Code: 0536 (E05)
Office Address: Brgy. Cabid-an, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
Telephone Number: 331-33-68, 0916-733-0237
Head of Agency: Grace R. Rojas
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays to Fridays)
Where is Sorsogon City
Sorsogon City, officially known as the City of Sorsogon, is a third class coastal component city and capital of the coastal province of Sorsogon. It was recently established in 2000, following the merger of Bacon and Sorsogon municipalities, but it already houses the third largest population in the region. Sorsogon City is one of the region’s leading cities in urbanization. It is believed to be one of the most promising cities in terms of development as it serves as a vital financial center and the economic center of Sorsogon Province. As the hub of trade and commerce and the trans-shipment point from the Visayas and Mindanao provinces in the south, the city of Sorsogon rightly earned its moniker as the “Gateway to Southern Philippines” which makes it an ideal place for trade and government operations.
Geographically, Sorsogon City lies at the southernmost tip of the Bicol Peninsula and of Luzon Island. It sits 581 kilometers (361 mi) southeast of Manila and 54 kilometers (34 mi) south of Legazpi City and is bounded by Castilla in the west, Manito in the northwest, Albay Gulf in the north, Prieto Diaz in the east, Gubat in the southeast, Casiguran in the southwest, and Sorsogon Bay in the south. It has an irregular topography; with mountain ranges bordering the city on the north-west side, sloping uplands on the central part of the city, plain areas southwestern and central north and southeast portion, and marshlands on the southeast deltas. It is also surrounded by water, with Sorsogon Bay to the west, Albay Gulf to the northeast, and Philippine Sea in the east.
Google Map Location
Getting in and around Sorsogon City is easy as there are available public transport services to the city, thanks to the Pan-Philippine Highway which traverses the city from northwest to southeast, connecting it to Sorsogon City and the municipalities of Castilla, Pilar, in the northwest and towards Daraga, Legazpi City, Naga City, and the rest of Luzon. It also connects Sorsogon City to the municipalities of Gubat, Casiguran, and the rest of the second district municipalities of the province of Sorsogon in the southeast.
Of course, driving around Sorsogon City is also an available option if you own a car and you are a licensed driver. To get more information on the specific driving directions to Sorsogon City and LTO Sorsogon District Office (DO), you may check the map below: