The Land Transportation Office (LTO) Region 1 (Ilocos Region) is one of the thirteen (13) regional divisions of the agency. Just like all the other LTO offices, it was created to offer LTO services to the local region to oversee and manage project and policy implementation in an effort to maintain safe, efficient, and economical land transport service for the transacting public in the Ilocos Region.
As an LTO regional division, LTO Region 1 (Ilocos Region) works exactly the same as the other LTO offices, offering the same excellent and quality public service and conducting the same activities geared towards better economic, industrial and social development. To learn more about the LTO Region 1, its territorial jurisdiction, and the LTO offices and cities within, keep reading this guide.
What is LTO Region 1?
LTO Region 1 (Ilocos Region) refers to the LTO offices in Region 1. These offices were created to serve as an extension of the agency’s headquarters, offering better, faster, and even bite-sized versions of the full range of standard LTO services—from registration of motor vehicles (MV) and motorcycles (MC) to the issuance of license and permits, collection of fees, and the enforcement of land transportation rules and regulations—to the people of Region 1 in a bid to carry out their main job as a government agency in the Philippines.
The LTO Region 1 Regional Office is located in San Fernando City, a city in La Union. As the center of trade, commerce, and financial and educational institutions in Region I, it is not surprising that the city also houses the regional offices of several national government agencies, including that of the LTO. The region also houses numerous LTO district and extension offices as well as license renewal centers.
Mission and Vision of LTO Region 1
The operations of LTO Region 1 are guided by the same mission and vision as that of the LTO national headquarters.
To rationalize the land transportation services and facilities and effectively implement the various transportation laws, rules and regulations. It is the responsibility of those involved in the public service to be more vigilant in their part in the overall development scheme of the national leadership. Hence, promotion of safety and comfort in land travel is a continuing commitment of the LTO.
To be a frontline government agency showcasing fast and efficient public service for a progressive land transport sector.
Functions of LTO Region 1
Like the other LTO agencies, the offices under the jurisdiction of LTO Region 1 shares the following functions as the rest of the agency nationwide:
- Inspection of motor vehicles
- Registration of motor vehicles
- Issuance of license and permits
- Collection of fees and penalties
- Enforcement of land transportation rules and regulations, and
- Adjudication of traffic cases
- Collection of Revenue for the government
LTO-Serviced Cities in the LTO Region 1
The LTO Region 1 oversees various agencies under its jurisdiction. These LTO agencies are placed strategically to enjoy the traffic brought by being in the vicinity of busy sites in the following areas:
- LTO Agoo
- LTO Batac City
- LTO Laoag City
- LTO Candon City
- LTO Vigan City
- LTO San Fernando City
- LTO Alaminos City
- LTO Dagupan City
- LTO San Carlos City
- LTO Urdaneta City
- LTO Lingayen
- LTO Rosales
- LTO San Ildefonso
List of LTO Agencies in Region 1
LTO also placed 20 different types of field offices under the jurisdiction of LTO Region 1 as follows:
- District Offices (DO)
- Agoo District Office
- Alaminos District Office
- Batac District Office
- Candon District Office
- Dagupan District Office (registration)
- Dagupan District Office (licensing)
- Laoag District Office
- Lingayen District Office
- San Carlos District Office
- San Fernando District Office
- Rosales District Office
- Urdaneta District Office (registration)
- Urdaneta District Office (licensing)
- San Ildefonso District Office
- Extension Offices (EO)
- Burgos Extension Office
- Naguilian Extension Office
- Bayambang Extension Office
- Licensing Center (LC)
- San Fernando La Union Licensing Center
- Licensing Renewal Office/Center
- BHF Plaza Dagupan Driver’s Licensing Renewal Office
- CB Mall Driver’s Licensing Renewal Office
List of LTO Services Offered by LTO Agencies under the LTO Region 1
Some services offered by LTO Agencies under the jurisdiction of LTO Region 1 include:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note: Some offices may have limited capabilities and may not be able to offer the full range of LTO services, so you might want to check first with the LTO branch if they are offering the service you require.
Video: Disinfecting LTO Region 1 Office
Just like how it is in other LTO offices, the LTO Region 1 Office strives to keep the transacting public safe even as they try to bring the LTO services closer, more accessible, faster, and more convenient for the people in the area. This is especially helpful for the people who needs to comply with the LTO rules and regulations, or secure a driver’s license or a student permit before getting on the road.
To learn more about how things the agency keeps you safe and secure while transacting with the LTO Region 1 office, then join LTO Region 1 through this video as they disinfect the regional office to ensure your safety during your visit.
Where is Ilocos Region (Region 1)
Region 1, otherwise known as Ilocos Region, is an administrative region of the Philippines on the northwestern section of Luzon and a portion of the Central Luzon plain, primarily by the province of Pangasinan. It is composed of four provinces (Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan) and one independent city (Dagupan). It is bordered by the Cordillera Administrative Region to the east, the Cagayan Valley to the northeast and southeast, and the Central Luzon to the south. On its west side lies the South China Sea. Its regional center is San Fernando City, La Union, which houses many regional offices of various government agencies, including that of the LTO.
The Ilocos Region is divided into two contrasting geographical features. The Ilocos provinces which occupy the narrow plain between the Cordillera Central mountain range and the South China Sea, and the Pangasinan province which occupies the northwestern portion of the vast Central Luzon plain, with Zambales Mountains as its natural western limit. It also houses the Lingayen Gulf, which happens to be the most notable body of water in Pangasinan, along with the famed Hundred Islands National Park. To the north of Ilocos is Luzon Strait.
How to Contact LTO Region 1
All LTO services are meant to make adhering to the rules and regulations of the agency easier. However, some agencies have limited capabilities and may not be able to offer the full range of services that LTO generally offers. As such, it is important to reach out to the specific LTO branch you intend to visit to check if they entertain the kind of transaction you need them for.
Reaching out to LTO Region 1 can be done via any of the specific LTO Agencies under the regional jurisdiction or via the LTO Ilocos Region (Region 1) directly by making a call, sending an email or a message via their social media accounts. The can also make a direct visit to any of the LTO offices in the region.
For questions, concerns, or complaints, you may contact LTO Region 1 via the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 1 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0100
Office Address: Aguila Road, City of San Fernando, La Union
Telephone Number: 072-6074108
Head of Agency: Ms. Kathleen Deanna G. Salayog
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
Google Map Location
Because the Ilocos Region is central to most government, education and commercial activities, the transportation in Region 1, it has a pretty well-developed transport sector which makes it easy to move around. There are also local airlines and land transport firms, including Pangasinan Solid North Bus, Dagupan Bus Company, Farinas Transit Company, and Partas, most of which focus on the coastal beaches and on eco-tourism.
For complete driving directions or specific information on the driving directions or travel routes to the Ilocos Region and the cities and municipalities in Region 1, then you may refer to the map below: