The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Candon City, Ilocos Sur is made up of a lone LTO office: the LTO Candon District Office. The LTO Candon District Office (DO), like every other LTO district office in the Philippines, serves one purpose: To extend the agency’s operations in the local area, bringing the services closer to the public and offering easy access to more convenient LTO services.
As the implementing body of the LTO in the city dubbed as the “Tobacco Capital of the Philippines,” LTO Candon District Office is in charge of all LTO programs and services, including, but not limited to license applications and renewals, vehicle registrations and renewal, accreditations, policy implementation, and road regulation. The Candon DO also ensures that the agency is efficient and fair in delivering its services to the local area. To learn more about where, when, and how to get access to these services if you are in Candon City or anywhere within the geographical area of responsibility (GAOR) of LTO Candon City, then keep reading this guide.
What is LTO Candon City?
LTO Candon City refers to the lone LTO branch in Candon City, Ilocos Sur: the LTO Candon District Office. This district office is intended to be a one-stop central hub for the needs of all motorists, vehicles owners, and transport operators of LTO and LTO Region 1 in Candon City. Like the other district offices, it was meant to better serve the drivers and car owners in the city and within its GAOR which includes the municipalities of Santa, Narvacan, Nagbukel, Santa Maria, San Esteban, Burgos, Santiago, Lidlidda, Banayoyo, San Emilio, Galimuyod, Salcedo, Gregorio Del Pilar, Quirino, Santa Lucia, Santa Cruz, Tagudin, Sigay, Suyo, Cervantes, Alilem, and Sugpon. The services include the inspection and registration of motor vehicles (MV) and motorcycles (MC) as well as license and permits applications and the use of a test drive facility, which makes it a more convenient option for LTO-related services.
Located on Bagani Campo brgy. road in Candon City, this office sits in a car-dependent location, a fitting tribute as the agency is meant to serve those who own or drive a car anyway. It is in close proximity to MacArthur Highway and to numerous business establishments, which makes it a very visible presence in the area. So, if you are in or near Candon City, and you have LTO-related business, you won’t get lost trying to find this office.
Services Provided by LTO Candon District Office
If, for any reason, you decide to go all the way to LTO Candon District Office in Ilocos Sur, you can rest assured about safety and sanitation as this LTO branch observes the same strict policies as the other LTO offices in the country. Plus, the Candon District Office is meant to be the local frontline office of the LTO, operating with the public’s convenience in mind. It serves as the local regulating body, which means that it is meant to offer the following, or most of the following LTO-related services:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Do note that while LTO Candon District Office is meant to offer the full range of LTO services. But, as some offices have limited facilities and may be unable to offer some of them, it’s best to check first if the service you need is offered at the LTO Candon District Office before you visit.
How to Contact LTO Candon City
Reaching out to LTO Candon meant making direct contact with LTO Candon District Office or the LTO Ilocos Region (Region 1) regional office. It can be done either by phone, by sending an email, or by sending a message to their social media accounts.
For the complete contact information of the LTO Ilocos Region (regional) office, please check the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 1 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0100
Office Address: Aguila Road, City of San Fernando, La Union
Telephone Number: 072-6074108
Head of Agency: Ms. Kathleen Deanna G. Salayog
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to LTO Candon District Office instead, please see their contact information below:
LTO Candon District Office
Agency Code: 0116
Office Address: Bagani Campo, Candon City, Ilocos Sur
Telephone Number: 077-6043344
Head of Agency: Mr. Amado A. Gomez
Email Address: email@example.com
Official Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089764775497
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
Video: LTO Opens a One-Stop Central Hub in Candon City
Just like other LTO offices nationwide, the LTO Candon City District Office is meant to make the LTO services better, more affordable, more accessible, faster, and more convenient for the people in the Ilocos Region, especially when they need to comply with the LTO rules and regulations and secure a driver’s license or a student permit or get their MV or MC registered before going out on public roads.
In this video, watch Motoring Today PH as they report on what LTO Candon DO is really created for.
Where is Candon City
Candon, officially known as the City of Candon, is a fourth class component city in the province of Ilocos Sur known as the country’s largest producer of Virginia-type tobacco, earning it its moniker as the “Tobacco Capital of the Philippines.” It is the Candon is the center of the 2nd district of Ilocos Sur, housing over 100,000 people and commercial and industrial enterprises.
Geographically, Candon City is a “C” shaped city in the lower central portion of the Province of Ilocos Sur. It is bordered by the municipality of Santa Lucia in the south, municipality of Salcedo int he southeast, municipalities of Galimuyod and San Emilio in the east, municipalities of Santiago and Banayoyo in the north and the South China Sea in the west. It sits 346 kilometres (215 mi) from Metro Manila and 61 kilometres (38 mi) from Vigan City, the provincial capital.
Google Map Location
The City of Candon has a great geographical setting due to its proximity to the national highway. That said, there’s great mobility in terms of trade, economic, social, and cultural activities, making Candon City DTI’s “Center for Trade and Commerce” in Ilocos Sur. Candon City is accessible via the McArthur National Highway, which is also the city’s main thoroughfare. Tricycles, jeepneys, and buses are the major types of transportation in and out of the city. If you are driving, however, then just check the map below for the complete driving directions or specific travel routes to the City of Candon in Ilocos Sur.