The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in San Carlos City, Pangasinan is made up of a lone LTO office: the LTO San Carlos District Office. It is a lot like the rest of the agency as it exists for the same purpose: To make the agency more locally accessible and convenient and encourage better participation from the communities by offering better public services.
As the implementing body of the LTO in the city dubbed as the “Mango-Bamboo Capital of the Philippines,” LTO San Carlos District Office offers accessible and efficient LTO programs and services like license applications and renewals, vehicle registrations and renewal, accreditations, policy implementation, and road regulation. To learn more about where, when, and how to get access to these services from LTO San Carlos City, then keep reading this guide.
What is LTO San Carlos City?
LTO San Carlos City refers to the lone LTO branch in San Carlos City, Ilocos Sur: the LTO San Carlos District Office. This district office is intended to be a one-stop central hub for the needs of all motorists, vehicle owners and transport operators of LTO and LTO Region 1 in San Carlos City. Like the other district offices, it was meant to better serve the drivers and car owners in the city and within its geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). The services it offers include inspection, registration, and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and motorcycles (MC) as well as license and permits applications.
Located on Rizal Avenue in San Carlos City, this office sits next to other government offices including DTI Negosyo Center and COA provincial auditing office. It is in close proximity to Binmaley-San Carlos Road, one of the city’s main thoroughfares, and to numerous food and commercial establishments, which makes it a very visible presence in the area. So, if you are in or near San Carlos City in Pangasinan and you have LTO-related business, you won’t get lost when you try to look for this office.
Services Provided by LTO San Carlos District Office
Going to the LTO San Carlos District Office in Pangasinan means taking the easy way to address your LTO-related needs. It means accessing the locally offered version of LTO’s brand of regulation and public service. Some of the services offered by LTO as an agency, includes:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that while LTO San Carlos District Office intends to fully extend the LTO programs and services to the locals, lack of facilities may keep them from doing so. Having said that, we recommend checking with the LTO branch first to see if the service you need is offered there, before you make an actual visit.
How to Contact LTO San Carlos City
Reaching out to LTO San Carlos meant making direct contact with the LTO San Carlos District Office or the LTO Ilocos Region (Region 1) regional office. It can be done either by phone, by sending an email, or by sending a message to their social media accounts.
For the complete contact information of the LTO Ilocos Region (regional) office, please check the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 1 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0100
Office Address: Aguila Road, City of San Fernando, La Union
Telephone Number: 072-6074108
Head of Agency: Ms. Kathleen Deanna G. Salayog
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to LTO San Carlos District Office instead, please see their contact information below:
LTO San Carlos District Office
Agency Code: 0132
Office Address: Rizal Avenue, San Carlos City, Pangasinan
Telephone Number: 075-6157042
Head of Agency: Ms. Aileen T. Peteros
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Saturdays)
Where is San Carlos City
San Carlos, officially known as the City of San Carlos, is a third class component city in the province of Pangasinan. It houses over 200,000 people and is considered as the most populated and the liveliest city in the province and the entire Ilocos Region. As the “Mango-Bamboo Capital of the Philippines,” San Carlos City is an agro-industrial city which serves as home to the largest number of fruit-bearing mango trees and to a flourishing bamboo craft industry. Because of its high investment potential, large land area,and big population, several government agencies dedicated a branch office in the city, including the LTO, to better serve the city’s population.
Geographically the city of San Carlos is located in the central plains of Pangasinan. It is bordered by Lingayen, Calasiao (north), Sta. Barbara (northeast), Malasiqui (east), Mangatarem, Urbiztondo (south), and Aguilar (west-southwest) and Bugallon and Basista (southeast).
Google Map Location
San Carlos City is easily accessible by land, with numerous bus companies offering their services to and from Manila, including Five Star Bus Company, Dagupan Bus Company, Fermina Express, Pangasinan Solid North Transit, Inc., and First North Luzon Transit. Jeepneys and tricycles are also available for commuters in and around the city. If you want to drive, however, then just check the map below for the complete driving directions or specific travel routes to the City of San Carlos in Pangasinan.