The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Lingayen, Pangasinan is made up of a lone LTO office: the LTO Lingayen District Office. Just like the rest of the LTO office nationwide, it exists for the same reason: To make the agency and its services more locally accessible, more affordable, and more convenient to avail of and to encourage better participation from the communities by offering better public services.
Dubbed as “the heart, the soul, and the face” of the province, Lingayen is well-known for being home of the most delectable bagoong and for being one of the most beautiful places and most peaceful municipalities of Pangasinan. As popular as Lingayen is as the capital of the province, it attracts numerous establishments as well as government offices like the LTO to set up shop in the area. To learn more about where, when, and how to get access to the different services offered by the LTO office in Lingayen, then keep reading this guide.
What is LTO Lingayen?
LTO Lingayen refers to the lone LTO branch in Lingayen, Pangasinan: the LTO Lingayen District Office. This district office is intended to be a one-stop-shop for all motorists, vehicle owners, and transport operators who have LTO-related needs in Lingayen. Like the other district offices, it was created with the intention of offering better services within its geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). These LTO services include inspection, registration, and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and motorcycles (MC) as well as license and permits applications and renewals.
Located on Capitol Compound in Lingayen, this LTO office sits next to other government offices including Public Employment Service Office (PESO), Veterinary office, Tourism office, Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). It is also in close proximity to the present seat of the government of Pangasinan declared as one of the eight Architectural Treasures of the Philippines by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, the Pangasinan Provincial Capitol. It sits right along Alvear East, which puts it right next to numerous food and commercial establishments in the area. So, if you are in or near Lingayen in Pangasinan and you have LTO-related business, you can easily go and look for this office.
Services Provided by LTO Lingayen District Office
Going to the LTO Lingayen District Office in Pangasinan means going local in getting your LTO-related needs addressed. It also means more efficiency for the agency and less expenses for the drivers and car owners who need to abide by LTO rules and regulations.
Some of the services offered by LTO as an agency, via its branch offices, include:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Conductor’s License
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL)
- Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Vehicle Registration
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
LTO Lingayen District Office may or may not be able to completely extend the full range of LTO programs and services to the locals, as lack of facilities may keep them from doing so. With this in mind, note that it is always best to check with the LTO Lingayen branch first and check if the service you need is offered there, before making an actual visit.
How to Contact LTO Lingayen City
Reaching out to LTO Lingayen could be done directly via LTO Lingayen District Office or the LTO Ilocos Region (Region 1) regional office. It can either be thru the phone, by sending an email, or by sending a message to any of their social media accounts.
For the complete contact information of the LTO Region 1 — Ilocos Region (regional) office, please check the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 1 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0100
Office Address: Aguila Road, City of San Fernando, La Union
Telephone Number: 072-6074108
Head of Agency: Ms. Kathleen Deanna G. Salayog
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to LTO Lingayen District Office directly instead, please check the contact information below:
LTO Lingayen District Office
Agency Code: 0128
Office Address: Capitol Compound, Lingayen, Pangasinan
Telephone Number: 075-6492332
Head of Agency: Mr. Felix P. Sotelo
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
Where is Lingayen
Lingayen, officially known as the Municipality of Lingayen, is a first-class municipality and the capital of the province of Pangasinan. It serves as the provincial seat of government, and a strategic point in the region, especially during World War II.
Geographically, the Municipality of Lingayen is located along Lingayen Gulf, the Agno River and the Limahong Channel. Its flat terrain makes it the perfect place for farms and fisheries—two of the major livelihoods in the area. It is bounded in the north by Lingayen Gulf, La Union and Benguet, in the north-east, by Nueva Vizcaya, in the east, by Nueva Ecija and Tarlac in the south and Zambales and China Sea in the west.
Google Map Location
Lingayen is accessible by land, with several bus companies like Victory Liner and Dagupan Bus Co. offering service going to Lingayen from Manila, Baguio, and Dagupan every day. Lingayen also houses a small airport, Lingayen Airport, where light planes can land. If you want to drive, however, then just check the map below for the complete driving directions or specific travel routes to Lingayen and LTO Lingayen District Office in Pangasinan.