The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Tagaytay City, Cavite is made up of a single LTO office: the LTO Tagaytay District Office (DO). This LTO office serves the residents and visitors of the City of Tagaytay, ensuring that the agency’s operations are easily accessible and convenient in the city and within its geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). The LTO Tagaytay District Office was also created so the LTO can be more effective in bringing their operations closer to the people they want to serve without the hassle of having to travel elsewhere or spending extra time and money to meet their LTO-related needs.
As the city known as the second “Summer Capital of the Philippines” after Baguio, Tagaytay is a favorite spot both among local travelers and tourists who are looking for a spontaneous road trip or kid-friendly places to visit to escape the summer heat, or to take a short but sweet getaway weekend. When you visit Tagaytay for that short trip, you may also check out the LTO office in the city, as they offer impeccable public service and implement strict sanitary and regulatory services towards the local motorists, drivers, car owners, and operators, to ensure that the roads in the area stay safe.
What is LTO Tagaytay?
LTO Tagaytay refers to the lone LTO office stationed in Tagaytay City: the LTO Tagaytay District Office (DO). Just like the other LTO offices in the country and in CALABARZON, the LTO Tagaytay District office was created to serve as the local operating arm of the Secretariat’s central office. It was meant to manifest the agency’s efforts to bridge the LTO programs and Tagaytay’s transacting public as well as the drivers, car owners, and operators in the neighboring areas. It was also meant to make the LTO core programs and services—including the registration and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and license and permits—more convenient and easier to avail of, especially for the people who work behind the wheels or those who can’t afford to travel to another place for their LTO-related needs.
As the lone LTO office in the highly sought-after tourist spot city in Cavite, the LTO Tagaytay District Office (DO) serves as the primary operating arm of the agency in the city. It used to be an LTO extension office in Tagaytay City before it was converted into a regular district office in May 2016 by virtue of the Republic Act No. 10784. As a district office, it offers the agency’s core programs and services and engages with the locals so the Secretariat can carry out its mandate more effectively The LTO Tagaytay office also serves as the visual reminder to the public that the LTO is watching over Tagaytay City so they won’t neglect their responsibility towards road safety.
List of Services Offered by LTO Tagaytay
If, one day, you find yourself in need of any LTO-related services while in the vicinity of Tagaytay and its neighboring towns and cities, then you can simply visit the LTO Tagaytay District Office in Arezza Compound, Mahogany Market, Kaybagal South. Like the other LTO offices, this frontline office observes strict safety policies to ensure the well-being and convenience of their patrons. As the LTO Tagaytay District office only serves the local area of Tagaytay City and its GAOR, the transacting public can expect faster and more efficient public service.
Some of the most common services offered by the LTO, include:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that not all LTO offices are created equal. This means that while some are equipped to be full service branches, some may not have the capabilities to offer certain services. That said, it’s best to check with the LTO Tagaytay District Office first if the service you need is available before you make an actual trip.
How to Contact LTO Tagaytay
Reaching out to the LTO Tagaytay is a simple task of making a call, sending an email, or sending a message via social media. It can be done either by reaching out to the LTO Tagaytay District Office (DO) or to the LTO CALABARZON (Region 4A) regional office.
For the complete contact information of the LTO CALABARZON (Region 4A) regional office, please check the following:
Land Transportation Office Region 4 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0400
Office Address: 2nd Floor Building, Old City Hall Compound, Interior, B. Morada Avenue, 4217 Lipa City
Telephone Number: 043 403 3147
Head of Agency: Atty. Noreen Bernadette S. San Luis-Lutey
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to the LTO Tagaytay District Office, please check out the contact information below:
LTO Tagaytay District Office (DO)
Agency Code: 0480
Office Address: Arezza Compound, Mahogany Market, Kaybagal South, Tagaytay City, Cavite
Telephone Number: 046 423 0341, +639 155133224
Head of Agency: Marilou M. Suelto
Email Address: email@example.com
Official Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/0480LTOTagaytayDO
Operating hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays to Fridays)
Where is Tagaytay
Tagaytay, officially known as the City of Tagaytay, is a second class component city in the coastal province of Cavite. It has a unique geographical feature, which makes it both upland hilly and upland mountainous, with some parts lying along the edge of Taal Caldera and some parts dropping steeply into deep ravines and the famed Taal Lake. Due to this unique geographical feature, Tagaytay offers great scenery and cooler climate, making it a popular destination among local and foreign travelers.
Geographically, Tagaytay takes up about 4% of the total land area of the province of Cavite. It is relatively close to the capital city of Manila and Imus City in Cavite. Also serving as one of its natural attractions, the city overlooks Manila Bay to its north, Laguna de Bay to its east, and Taal Volcano and Taal Lake to its south.
Google Map Location
Tagaytay City is relatively easy to visit as there are many roads that lead to the area. There are also many ways to get there, regardless if you are coming from Manila or some other municipalities in the south. There are public transport options ranging from bus service to jeepneys, tricycles, and vans.
Of course, there’s always an option to drive to Tagaytay yourself. Depending on your starting location and the traffic conditions, it may take up to two hours to drive to Tagaytay from Manila. For specific driving directions to Tagaytay City and LTO Tagaytay District Office, you may check out the map below: