The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Cauayan City, Isabela is made up of a lone LTO office: the LTO Cauayan District Office. Just like the rest of the LTO office nationwide, it exists for the same reasons: To make the agency and its services more locally accessible and more affordable to avail of and to encourage better participation from the communities by offering better public services.
Cauayan City is a well-known home of the long-standing Tabacalera, one of the major tobacco companies that dates back from the Spanish period. It is also known for its historical grandeur and its close proximity to the national highway that traverses the province of Isabela. It is also very accessible, with options for land and air travel already slated for further development. Having said that, it is no wonder that government offices like the LTO have set up shop in the area. To learn more about where, when, and how to get access to the different services offered by the LTO office in Cauayan City, then keep reading this guide.
What is LTO Cauayan City?
LTO Cauayan City refers to the lone LTO branch in Cauayan City, Isabela: the LTO Cauayan District Office. Like the other LTO offices n, the LTO Cauayan DO is meant to serve as the LTO operating arm and one-stop-shop for all local motorists, vehicle owners, and transport operators with LTO-related needs. It extends the agency’s desire to offer better public service, but only within the Cauayan City geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). Some of the most commonly availed LTO services include inspection, registration, and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and motorcycles (MC) as well as license and permits applications and renewals.
Located in Brgy. Cabaruan, the LTO Cauayan District Office lies along the provincial road of Ilagan and is in close proximity to the Cauayan City Hall and the city proper. It sits next to a busy road, and is right across from a subdivision and a hospital, which means it gets good foot traffic and visibility. So, if you have any LTO-related business while in Cauayan City or within its GAOR, then you should be able to find this LTO office easily.
Services Provided by LTO Cauayan District Office
Going to the LTO Cauayan District Office in Isabela is simple as there exists a well-developed transport sector in the province. Plus, with a local LTO office in the area, getting your LTO-related needs addressed has become more efficient, more convenient, and less expensive, both for the drivers and car owners who need to abide by LTO rules and regulations.
Some of the services offered by LTO as an agency, via its branch offices, include:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL)
- Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that the LTO District Office in Cauayan City may or may not be able to completely extend the full range of LTO programs and services due to limitations in facilities, so it’s best to check with the LTO branch first to see if the service you need is offered, before making an actual visit.
How to Contact LTO Cauayan City
Reaching out to LTO Cauayan City could be done directly via LTO Cauayan District Office or the LTO Cagayan Valley (Region 2) regional office. It can either be done over the phone, by sending an email, or by sending a message to any of their social media accounts.
For the complete contact information of the LTO Region 2 — Cagayan Valley (regional) office, please check the following contact information:
Land Transportation Office Region 2 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0200
Office Address: San Gabriel Village, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Telephone Number: (078)844-0160, 09771334083
Head of Agency: Romeo Solomon, Sergio A. Sales
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to LTO Cauayan District Office directly instead, please check the contact information below:
LTO Cauayan District Office
Agency Code: 0224
Office Address: Cabaruan, Cauayan, Isabela
Telephone Number: 09175897562, 09566481735
Head of Agency: Deo M. Salud
Email Address: email@example.com
Official Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090061107671
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
Where is Cauayan
Cauayan, officially known as the City of Cauayan, is a third class component city centrally located in the province of Isabela, as well as the stretch of the entire Cagayan Valley Region. It houses the Tabacalera which dates back from the Spanish occupation and has a population of over 140,000.
The City of Cauayan is about 375 kilometers northeast Manila; 34.5 kilometers south of Ilagan, the capital city of Isabela. It is made up of 65 barangays, and is one of the two cities of Isabela. It is bounded by eight municipalities, in the north by Reina Mercedes; in the northeast by Naguilian; in the east by Benito Soliven; in the southeast by San Guillermo; in the south by Angadanan; in the southwest by Alicia; and in the northwest by Luna and Cabatuan.
Google Map Location
Cauayan City is easily accessible by land via public bus companies, or by air as it also houses a small airport, Cauayan City Airport, where light planes can land. If you want to drive, however, then just check the map below for the complete driving directions or specific travel routes to Cauayan and LTO Cauayan District Office in Isabela.