People generally own various official identity documents that can attest not only to their identity but also to their age and birth date. One such document is the driver’s license issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) in the Philippines. An LTO driver’s license is an identity document issued to roadworthy drivers which gives them the authority to operate certain motor vehicles on public roads. It contains the driver’s name and other more sensitive biographical information like their birth date.
Since the license information is manually encoded in the LTO system, either by the person themselves or by an LTO officer, it is inevitable to make mistakes. Incorrect birth dates in LTO records is not very common, but it isn’t rare or unusual. So, if you ever find yourself issued with a driver’s license with incorrect birth date, don’t fret. Instead, you can check on the procedures to get it revised or updated in order to set the records straight. In this guide, we will offer you just that.
LTO Revision of Records: Incorrect Birth Date
Solving problems on incorrect birth date on your driver’s license is a simple matter of making a request for revision of records at the LTO. Though this type of record change sounds simple, it is an important procedure as having correct biographical information on your IDs is necessary if you want to be able to use the driver’s license properly as a government-issued photo ID.
For drivers with incorrect birth dates on their LTO Driver’s License, a simple revision of records at the LTO should do the trick. This procedure can be done in person, via any of the numerous LTO offices in the Philippines, or online, via the Land Transport Management System (LTMS) online services portal. Updating an incorrect birthday on your LTO records is pretty easy to do too, as it only requires a clerical correction instead of a court order.
Eligibility for Incorrect Birth Date Change at LTO
But who can make a request to change or update LTO records with the correct birth date. Well, anybody who owns a registered Driver’s License (DL) with an incorrect birth date can put in a request to do so as long as he intends to update his Driver’s License Record with LTO.
Like every other DL holder though, the applicant must also satisfy the following conditions:
- Able to read and write in Filipino, English, or any major dialect
- Holder of Valid DL or a DL that has not renewed two (2) years after the expiry date
- Driver’s License or Appropriate Affidavit for Lost or Mutilated Driver’s License
- Has no unsettled traffic violation
Benefits of Record Change for Incorrect Birth Date
Some of the benefits associated with record change for incorrect birth date, include:
- The ability to use a driver’s license to drive freely without worrying about getting caught with or accused of using a DL with a “faked” birth date.
- A valid driver’s license can serve as a useful government-issued photo ID that is valid almost anywhere in the Philippines.
- It can serve as your proof of age, whenever and wherever necessary.
Requirements for LTO Revision of Records: Incorrect Birth date
The requirements for making a record change for incorrect birth date with LTO requires submission of the following documents:
- Properly Accomplished Application for Driver’s License
- Original Birth Certificate with Photocopy
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate with Official Receipt
- Current or Expired License
- Affidavit of Discrepancy
If the applicant is a Muslim:
- Affidavit of at least two (2) disinterested individuals
- Certification from OMA (Office of the Muslim Affairs).
Procedures for LTO Revision of Records: Incorrect Birth Date
Changing incorrect birth dates in your LTO driver’s records is a lot like the record change for an incorrect (first) name. Just like the incorrect names, a revision of records with incorrect birth date is a straightforward process that can either be done online via the Land Transport Management System (LTMS) or in person, by making an actual visit to your preferred LTO branch.
In-Person, via the LTO office
To initiate the request to revise or update your incorrect birth date on LTO records, you may simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Before you actually go for an LTO visit, you need to first prepare the documentary requirements for the information you wish to revise under your current LTO driver’s license.
Step 2: Once the documents are prepared, you will then need to submit them for evaluation and wait for the transaction ID to be generated by the system so you can present it for verification and confirmation of the details.
Step 3: The Evaluator will then check the authenticity and completeness of the documents, then proceed with processing the replacement ID.
Step 4: You will need to get your photo and signature taken for the records.
Step 5: Then, you will be sent to make the payment amounting to P30.00 (regardless of the number of fields revised) at the cashier.
Step 6: Once payment has been processed, you will just need to wait for the new driver’s license reflecting the correct information to be released.
Online, via the LTMS portal
To update your Driver’s License record via the LTMS portal, here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Go to the Land Transport Management System (LTMS) portal at portal.lto.gov.ph.
Step 2: Log in or register for an LTMS account.
If the applicant is a new user:
- Click the “Register Now” button.
- Read all the terms and conditions and click the “Yes I accept” button. Then, enter the captcha code and finally click the “Next” button.
- Select the registration type and click the “Next” button.
- Fill in the personal details, contact number, citizenship, and type of license and click the “Submit” button.
- The verification link is sent to the given email ID, using the link the applicant has to create the password.
If the applicant has an existing account:
- Go to the login page and enter the email and password.
- Click the “Sign in” button.
Step 3: Once logged in, the applicant has to select “Licensing.”
Step 5: Select the type of license that you hold: Student Permit, Non-Professional Driver’s License, or Professional Driver’s License.
Step 6: Click Next.
Step 7: Select Revision of Records, then click Next.
Step 8: Choose the type of records you wish to revise: Personal, Address, or Citizenship. For an incorrect name, choose Personal.
Step 9: Click Next.
Step 10: Make the change in the birthday field, then click Next.
Step 11: Upload one of the required documents (PSA Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate) by clicking the Upload icon, selecting the file to upload, and clicking Save. Make sure the file doesn’t exceed the allowed maximum file size of 2046 kb.
Step 12: Once done, click Next.
Step 13: Key in the License Number and Expiry date.
Step 14: Click Next.
Step 15: Continue with the rest of the procedures.
Step 16: Once the application is completed and submitted, the concerned authority will check the submitted application and document set. If everything is in place, the application will be accepted.
Step 17: The application will then be processed further. All the status updates will be sent via SMS to the applicant’s mobile number or can be seen via the LTMS portal upon login.
Step 18: Once the process is completed, the applicant gets a call from the LTO for instructions on how to complete the transaction.
Step 19: If required, the applicant need to visit the office for the biometric/encoding process.
Step 20: You might need to wait for a while to get the updated permit from the office.
For your reference, here are some few useful things you need to remember when requesting for record changes at the LTO:
- It is important for all driver’s license holders to ensure that their ID cards have the correct biographical information.
- Once you’ve uploaded a document via the LTMS portal, succeeding transactions will no longer require you to do so again.
- Drivers who are interested in making requests for record changes should ensure that he has no pending cases before the department.
- Drivers with pending cases of violations need to settle those first or his application for record change may not be approved.
- This entire process can be completed within 30 days or as per the timeline advised by the respective department authority.
- For incorrect birth dates to be revised, the request for updating or revision of LTO records may be done online, via the LTMS portal, or in person, at an LTO branch office.
- If said applicant is a Muslim, it is necessary to secure an affidavit of at least two (2) disinterested individuals and a certification from OMA (Office of the Muslim Affairs).
- You will need to prepare enough funds for the payments of LTO fees and other incidental expenses.
Video: How to Request for Revision of Records from LTO for Incorrect Birth Dates
Learn about the actual procedures on how to correct incorrect birth dates on your driver’s license and how to request for an LTO Revision of Records by watching this video from Wander J:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For your reference, here are some of the most common questions and answers regarding the LTO Revision of Records for incorrect birth dates:
1. Can I make the request to correct my birth date on my LTO Driver’s License online?
Yes. You may initiate the request online via the LTMS portal. It’s a simple clerical correction and you will need to submit either a PSA Birth Certificate or a Marriage Contract to do so
2. Can I request a revision for my incorrect birth date when I renew my driver’s license?
Yes. You may process the revision request upon renewal. You may also process them at the same time. The fees will vary though depending on the license type and the other LTO transactions you wish to do along with it.
3. How much does the revision request for an incorrect birth date cost?
All types of revision of records requested at LTO costs P30.00. Other additional LTO transactions you may want to do along with it may entail additional fees and requirements.
An LTO driver’s license is, perhaps, one of the most credible and widely accepted identity documents in the Philippines. Not only does it prove that you are who you claim to be, but it also offers other important information to support your claim, including your birth date, address, photo, and signature. Having said that, having at least one piece of information that doesn’t match with your other identity documents may cause problems you really don’t want to have. That said, if you ever encounter getting issued an LTO driver’s license with an incorrect birth date, we really hope you would find this guide useful.