The use of Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) is just one of the innovative and efficient ways of breezing through toll booths. Easytrip RFID is one of the many RFID systems that offer a convenient solution that not only saves time but also simplifies the toll payment process.
Though it isn’t the only RFID system available in the country, Easytrip RFID offers a unique combination of widespread acceptance, efficiency, ease of installation, multiple reload options, comprehensive online account management, and collaboration with banks, making it a preferred choice for motorists in the Philippines. In this guide, we’ll explore everything there is to know about Easytrip RFID—from the basics of getting it installed and set up to the process of using it to make an overall better travel experience.
What is Easytrip RFID?
Easytrip RFID is an electronic toll collection system offered by the Easytrip Services Corporation, Metro Pacific Tollway Company (MPTC)’s exclusive electronic toll collection system integrator and provider in some of the major expressways in the Philippines. It eliminates the need for traditional cash payments, allowing for a faster and more seamless tollgate experience.
The RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) technology enables automatic payment as your vehicle passes through the toll booth in North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX), C5 Link Flyover, and Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX).
Easytrip RFID also refers to the government-endorsed radio frequency identification sticker affixed to a vehicle’s windshield or headlight. Like the Autosweep RFID, Easytrip RFID is also designed to facilitate contactless and cashless payment of toll fees. As you approach the designated Easytrip RFID lane at the toll plaza, a specialized sensor reads your sticker, swiftly lifting the toll barrier without the need to wait in the cash lane or search for cash in your wallet or coin holder.
Why Easytrip RFID is the Best RFID Option
Easytrip RFID stands out among other RFID systems in the Philippines for several reasons:
- Widespread Acceptance
Easytrip RFID is widely accepted across major expressways in the Philippines. This widespread acceptance provides users with the convenience of using a single RFID system for toll payments, making it versatile for various travel routes.
- Integrated Toll Network
Easytrip RFID is part of a network that covers a substantial number of toll booths and expressways, particularly those in NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, C5 Link, and CALAX. However, a new Easytrip RFID sticker with Neology stickers (RFID Duo) and higher readability was released, creating a more integrated toll collection system. This integration enhances the user experience by allowing them the option to link the Easytrip RFID with Autosweep RFID. In doing so, the driver gains the ability to utilize their Easytrip RFID at SMC’s Autosweep RFID toll gates, courtesy of the Toll Regulatory Board’s toll interoperability project. The Autosweep System can read the new Easytrip RFIDs equipped with Neology stickers (RFID Duo), allowing it to be used to make convenient payments in tollways managed by SMC, including the Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway, South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), Skyway, NAIA Expressway, Tarlac–Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX), and MCX (Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway).
- Efficient and Fast Transactions
The technology behind Easytrip RFID enables fast and efficient toll transactions. Users can experience quicker processing times at toll booths, reducing congestion and streamlining the overall travel experience.
- Ease of Installation and Accessibility
Easytrip RFID stickers are relatively easy to obtain, with installation sites located conveniently near toll plazas and service centers. The accessibility of installation sites makes it convenient for motorists to get and install the RFID stickers without much hassle.
- Multiple Reload Options
Easytrip RFID users have various options for reloading funds into their accounts. Whether it’s through designated reloading stations, online platforms, or mobile apps provided by partner banks, the flexibility in reloading methods adds to the convenience of using Easytrip RFID.
- Comprehensive Online Account Management
Easytrip provides an online platform for users to manage their accounts efficiently. Through the Easytrip website or mobile apps, users can monitor their account balances, review transaction histories, and reload their accounts, offering a user-friendly and comprehensive management system.
- Collaboration with Partner Banks
Easytrip has established collaborations with partner banks, allowing users to reload their RFID accounts through these bank channels. This partnership expands the accessibility of reloading options, catering to a broader user base.
While other RFID systems may have their merits, Easytrip RFID’s combination of widespread acceptance, efficiency, ease of installation, multiple reload options, comprehensive online account management, and collaboration with banks contribute to making it a preferred choice for motorists in the Philippines.
Benefits of Using Easytrip RFID
Using Easytrip RFID offers numerous benefits that enhance the overall travel experience:
- Time Efficiency
Easytrip RFID enables swift and automatic toll transactions, reducing waiting times at toll booths. This time efficiency is particularly valuable during peak travel hours.
- Cashless Convenience
With Easytrip RFID, drivers can enjoy the convenience of cashless transactions. There’s no need to carry physical cash, eliminating the risk of fumbling for change or dealing with toll booth attendants.
- Seamless Toll Payments
Easytrip RFID ensures a seamless toll payment process. As you approach the designated RFID lanes, the system automatically deducts the toll fee from your account, allowing for a smooth passage through toll plazas.
- Reduced Traffic Congestion
The efficiency of Easytrip RFID contributes to the overall reduction of traffic congestion at toll booths. Quicker transactions mean less waiting time, benefiting both individual drivers and the flow of traffic.
- Versatility Across Expressways
Easytrip RFID is widely accepted across major expressways in the Philippines. This versatility allows drivers to use the same RFID sticker on different expressways, providing a unified toll payment solution for various travel routes.
- Online Account Management
Users can conveniently manage their Easytrip RFID accounts online. This includes checking account balances, reviewing transaction histories, and reloading funds through the Easytrip website or mobile apps.
- Compatibility with Interoperable Systems
Easytrip RFID’s compatibility with interoperable systems, such as Autosweep, expands the range of expressways where it can be used. This interoperability enhances the flexibility of the RFID system for drivers.
- Cost-Effective Travel
The efficiency of Easytrip RFID translates into cost-effective travel. By minimizing time spent at toll booths and eliminating the need for physical cash, drivers can experience more economical and streamlined journeys.
- Convenient Installation and Reload Options
Easytrip RFID installation is easily accessible at authorized sites near toll plazas. Additionally, drivers have multiple options for reloading funds, including designated reloading stations, online platforms, and mobile apps provided by partner banks.
- Enhanced Security
The RFID technology used in Easytrip enhances security, as transactions are electronically processed, reducing the risk of theft or loss associated with carrying cash.
Adopting the use of Easytrip RFID for driving around the country not only simplifies toll payments, but it also contributes to a more efficient, convenient, and cost-effective travel experience.
Getting Started with Easytrip RFID
Using the Easytrip RFID is easy. It doesn’t really take much to understand how to get and use one in order to make your travel experience seamless and convenient.
If you need a little help, here’s a guide for you.
Requirements for Easytrip RFID Installation
No documents are required; simply bring the car designated for installation.
Getting an Easytrip RFID Sticker or tag installed on your vehicle requires following these procedures:
Step 1. Acquire an Easytrip RFID sticker:
You may visit an authorized Easytrip installation site, typically located near toll plazas or service centers. Fill out the application form, submit the required documents (vehicle registration, valid ID), and have the RFID sticker installed on your vehicle’s windshield and wait for your vehicle to undergo testing.
You may also download and complete the registration form on the official Easytrip website: www.easytrip.ph or via this link: Subscription form and T&C before driving to the nearest Easytrip station situated along NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, C-5 Link, or CALAX before visiting the installation site.
Here’s a picture of the Easytrip Subscription form for you:
Where to Obtain Your Easytrip RFID?
You can acquire an Easytrip RFID at no cost by visiting walk-in or drive-thru installation sites. Simply make your way to any of the Easytrip stations located along NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, C5 Link, and CALAX. This hassle-free option eliminates the need for complex documentation, allowing you to use your Easytrip RFID immediately.
Step 2. Load your Easytrip account:
Once you have the RFID sticker, you need to load funds into your Easytrip account. You can do this at designated reloading stations, online through the Easytrip website, or via mobile apps provided by partner banks.
Note that the amount may vary based on the station. For Easytrip RFID installations at South stations, a ₱200 fee applies, while North stations require a ₱500 payment for the initial load.
Using Easytrip RFID
Once you have the Easytrip RFID sticker and the necessary topup, then you may already drive through tollways and try using it.
Here’s how you do it:
Step 1. Approach the toll booth.
As you approach a toll booth, make sure to use the designated RFID lane. These lanes are usually marked with Easytrip signs.
Step 2. Maintain a steady speed.
Approach the toll gate at a moderate speed, around 20 to 25 km/h. This ensures that the RFID reader can efficiently scan your Easytrip sticker.
Step 3. Keep a safe distance.
Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you to allow for a smooth transition through the tollgate.
Step 4. Listen for the beep.
Upon successful RFID detection, a beep sound will confirm that the toll has been paid. Check the tollgate display for verification.
How to Run an Easytrip Balance Inquiry
Checking your Easytrip account balance is straightforward and can be done through either of these four methods: the Easytrip website, the MPT DriveHub mobile app, or via SMS.
To check, you may check out the following channels:
- MPT DriveHub app on Google Play Store or App Store (download now: https://qrco.de/DriveHub)
- Quick Balance Inquiry in www.easytrip.ph
- Myeasytrip web account https://bit.ly/myeasytripWeb
- Text BAL<space>Account number and send to 09191601553
Suspension, Recoupment and Blacklisting
- Blacklisting Events:
- Denied or Rejected Payment at the opening of an Account or within the contract period
- Failure to submit required documents by Easytrip
- Stolen, lost, or damaged RFID(s)
- Deliberate use of Easytrip Card instead of RFID without permission
- Unauthorized installation of lower-class RFID to another vehicle
- Using more than one Easytrip RFID on the same vehicle
- Using ETC lanes without qualification (insufficient load/negative balance)
- Using fraudulent, tampered, defective, invalid, or improperly placed RFIDs
- Not following traffic rules while using RFID/Card/Account
- Subscriber-initiated cancellation (e.g., sale of enrolled vehicles)
- Dormant Accounts
- Suspended, misused, or blacklisted Account/s leading to confiscation at toll gate
- Actions by Easytrip:
- Deactivation and/or blacklisting of identified RFID on Blacklisting Event
- Notification to Subscriber through SMS, email, or call
- Subscriber not entitled to use Blacklisted RFID until the event is remedied within 15 days
- Failure to remedy results in waiver of RFID use, closure, and termination of RFID
- Subscriber agrees to pay charges and penalties, including those related to RFID recoupment
Important Reminders and Considerations for Using Easytrip RFID
As you embark on the journey of using Easytrip RFID for convenient toll payments in the Philippines, it’s crucial to keep in mind certain reminders and considerations to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Here are some of the most important things to remember:
- Proper Installation is Essential: Ensure that the Easytrip RFID sticker is correctly installed on your vehicle’s windshield or headlight. Proper installation guarantees optimal performance and accurate toll transactions.
- Adequate Account Balance: Maintain a sufficient balance in your Easytrip account to cover toll fees. Regularly check your account balance through the Easytrip website, mobile apps, or other available channels to avoid any inconvenience during your travels.
- Widespread Acceptance: Easytrip RFID is widely accepted across major expressways in the Philippines. Before your journey, familiarize yourself with the list of expressways where Easytrip is applicable, ensuring a seamless passage through toll booths.
- Easytrip Load Flexibility: Enjoy the flexibility of consumable Easytrip load with no expiration date. Load funds according to your travel needs, and rest assured that any remaining balance remains available for future toll transactions.
- Convenient Reload Options: Explore the various reloading options available, including designated reloading stations, online platforms, and mobile apps provided by partner banks. Choose the method that best suits your preferences for a hassle-free reloading experience.
- No Vehicle, No Installation Policy: Adhere to the “No Vehicle, No Installation” policy during the RFID installation process. Ensure that the intended vehicle is present at the installation site to guarantee accurate placement and activation of the Easytrip RFID sticker.
- Interoperability with Autosweep: If you wish to extend the use of your Easytrip RFID to SMC tollgates, consider enrolling your Easytrip RFID to Autosweep. This interoperability expands the range of expressways where your Easytrip RFID can be used.
- Easytrip Balance Inquiry: Stay informed about your Easytrip account balance through easy and accessible methods such as the Easytrip website, the MPT DriveHub mobile app, or SMS. Regularly checking your balance ensures a seamless toll payment experience.
- Compliance with Toll Regulations: Stay informed about toll regulations and any updates from the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) to ensure compliance with the latest guidelines governing toll payments and usage of RFID systems.
By keeping these reminders and considerations in mind, you’ll be well-equipped to make the most of the Easytrip RFID system, enjoying the benefits of convenient and efficient toll transactions as you navigate the Philippine roadways.
Video: Dos and Don’t in Using Easytrip RFID
Learn about the proper ways of using the Easytrip RFID by watching this video from pinoyadventurista:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For your reference, here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Easytrip RFID:
1. Where to stick the Easytrip RFID?
Install the Easytrip RFID sticker in the middle-right part of your windshield. If your windshield has heavy tinting, the Easytrip-authorized installers will place the Easytrip RFID sticker on your right headlamp. Please note that only Easytrip’s installers are authorized for sticker installation to ensure a smooth process.
2. How long does an RFID take to install?
The installation of the Easytrip RFID takes only 5 to 15 minutes, ensuring a quick and efficient process for your convenience.
3. Do I need a new RFID account if I bought a second hand car with Easytrip RFID already?
If you’ve purchased a second-hand car with an existing Easytrip RFID, it’s advisable to subscribe to a new Easytrip RFID under your name. Cancel the previous RFID before applying for a new one to ensure proper ownership and account management.
4. Where can I get a card replacement if lost?
To replace a lost card, visit any Easytrip station with your Easytrip account number. The card processing takes 7 working days, incurring a P100 replacement fee. Wait for a text message from Easytrip indicating that your replacement card is ready for pickup.
5. Is there a replacement fee?
If the replacement is covered by the warranty, only the initial load fee is required – P500 for North and P200 for South.
6. My Easytrip RFID Sticker could not be read in the tollways. What should I do?
If your Easytrip RFID sticker is not being read on tollways, visit any Easytrip Installation site for a free check-up. If defects are found, the installer will replace it for free, and you only need to pay the initial load.
7. Can I activate my Autosweep RFID to Easytrip RFID?
Yes, you can activate Autosweep RFID to Easytrip RFID by bringing your vehicle and Autosweep card to any Easytrip station or event. Pay the initial load of P200 (South) or P500 (North). Your Easytrip wallet will be activated within 24 hours, and your card will be issued after 5 days.
8. Where and how can I replace my Easytrip RFID?
Visit any Easytrip station for a free check-up of your RFID to determine if a replacement is necessary..
9. What is Easytrip Stick-It-Yourself RFID?
Easytrip SIY RFID, a Stick-It-Yourself sticker, is currently unavailable. Please obtain your Easytrip RFID only at Easytrip stations and events.
10. What are the requirements for Easytrip RFID Installation for motorcycles?
For motorcycles 400cc and up, bring the original or photocopy of OR/CR, Sales Invoice, and a letter from the dealer specifying the motorcycle’s specifications. RFID installation is free; just pay the initial load. Ensure your motorcycle is present during the installation.
11. Why do I need to register my Easytrip RFID?
Registering your Easytrip RFID is vital for managing your account via MyEasytrip. It allows you to receive updates, advisories, and participate in Easytrip’s promos and loyalty programs. Stay connected and informed with a registered Easytrip RFID account.
12. How do I reach out to Easytrip Services Corp. for more information or concerns?
If you have any question, suggestion or comment? Here’s the proper contact information to reach out to:
Office Address: 7th Floor, Iriz One Corporate Center, #35 Meralco Avenue corner Segundo Street, Ortigas Business District, San Antonio, Pasig City
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Easytrip RFID Hotline Number: 1-35000
Operating Hours: Mon Fri 8:30am 6:30pm
Easytrip RFID is a game-changer for motorists in the Philippines, offering a seamless and efficient way to navigate toll booths. By following these simple steps, you can experience the convenience of cashless toll payments and make your journeys more enjoyable. Upgrade your travel experience today with Easytrip RFID.