The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Passi City in the province of Iloilo also houses just one LTO office: the LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO). Like its counterparts in other places, the LTO Passi City Extension Office is an LTO extension agency meant to serve the residents and visitors of the City of Passi. This extension office ensures that the most common LTO’s operations are extended to the people of Passi City and those within the premises of Passi City’s geographical area of responsibility (GAOR). The LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO) was also created with convenience in mind so the LTO tries to be much more efficient and effective in offering their services to the people via a closer branch. Gone are the days when those who needed to avail of their LTO requirements will need to spend extra time, effort, and money to go to another place just to satisfy their LTO-related needs.
Dubbed as the “Sweet City in the Heart of Panay,” Passi is well-known for its vast pineapple plantations and rice and sugar area. It is also the only component city and the largest one in the Province of Iloilo in terms of land area, population and income. It lies at the bottom of Panay Island in the Visayas Regions lies a gem that is set to become the center of agri-industrial development and progress. Passi City, the beating heart-shaped center, is a rice and sugar-rich area and the only component city in the island of Panay. In Iloilo, Passi City is one of the oldest settlements founded as a “pueblo” with its first church built in 1766. It is also the largest in the Province of Iloilo, in terms of land area, population and income, making it one of the favored spots for commercial and government-managed offices like the LTO.
What is LTO Passi City?
LTO Passi City refers to the lone LTO office stationed in the City of Passi in Iloilo: the LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO). Like the other LTO offices elsewhere, the LTO Passi City Extension Office operates to serve the locals as the domestic representative agency of the LTO Central Office. It was meant to display the agency’s efforts, bridge the LTO programs and the local transacting public of Passi City, and offer LTO-related assistance to all the local and visiting drivers, car owners, and operators from Passi City and beyond. It also ensures that most of the LTO core programs and services—including the registration and renewal of motor vehicles (MV) and license and permits—are closer to the people of Passi City for a more convenient, more affordable, and easier LTO experience. This is especially helpful for the people who work behind the wheels as they no longer need to go elsewhere or to spend much to get the documents they need.
As the lone LTO office in Passi City, Iloilo, the LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO) literally extends not only the agency’s core programs and services in the area, but also their activities and campaigns to the local area. By engaging with locals of Passi City, the agency gets to gain the trust of their customers which helps them carry out their mandate more effectively. As a local LTO office, LTO Passi City EO also serves as a reminder to the public that the LTO is around, quietly watching over the safety of the roads, vehicles, and drivers of Passi City.
List of Services Offered by LTO Passi City
Aside from offering detailed information on the LTO Passi City Extension Office in Brgy. Bacuranan, Passi City, Iloilo, this guide also includes other information like the complete contact information, locations, and programs that the agency pledges to deliver to the public in a fast, efficient, and effective service. Through its frontline offices, both in the local area of Passi City and its GAOR or in other places with an LTO extension offices, LTO-related services are made available, closer, and more accessible to the people who need them most.
Listed below are some of the most frequently availed of services offered by the LTO through its different branch offices:
- License And Permit
- Student Permit
- New Driver’s License (Non-Professional)
- Conductor’s License
- Plain or Advance Renewal of Driver’s/Conductor’s License and Renewal of Driver’s License of Filipino Living Abroad
- Miscellaneous License Transactions
- Renewal of Driver’s / Conductor’s License with Examination [Expired for more than two (2) years] and/or with ten (10) or more but less than forty (40) Demerit Points
- Change Classification from Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) Code to Professional Driver’s License Code with Same Driver’s License (PDL) Code
- Additional Driver’s License Code/s
- Conversion of Foreign Driver’s License to Philippine Driver’s License Including Renewal of Expired Philippine Driver’s License with a Valid Foreign Driver’s License
- Change Classification from Professional Driver’s License (PDL) Code to Non-Professional Driver’s License Code (NPDL), Dropping of DL Code and Change Clutch Type
- Request for System Updates (RSU) for Double License
- Request for System Update (RSU) for License and Customer Details/Misrepresentation of Age/Identity
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – New
- Accreditation of Medical Clinics – Renewal
- Registration of Physicians – New
- Registration of Physicians – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – New
- Accreditation of Driving School / Driving Enhancement Program Training Center – Renewal
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – New
- Accreditation of Driving Instructor – Renewal
- Examination for Driving School Instructors
- Driving Enhancement Program (DEP)
- Vehicle Registration
- Initial Registration of Motor Vehicle (MV)
- Renewal of Motor Vehicle (MV) Registration
- Storage of Motor Vehicle
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Re-Stamping of Engine/Chassis Number
- Request for Motor Vehicle Verification
- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Miscellaneous Transactions
- Duplicate OR/CR
- Duplicate Plate
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annotation & Cancellation of Mortgage
- Revision of Records
- Duplicate License (for Lost Licenses)
- Proper Driver Education
- Theoretical Driving Course (TDC) and exam
- Comprehensive Driver’s Exam (CDE)
- Practical Driving Course (PDC) and exam
- Law Enforcement
- Settlement of Admitted Apprehension
- Adjudication of Contested Apprehension
- Encoding of Alarm
- Filing of Complaint and Lifting of Alarm
- Lifting of Alarm (Traffic Adjudication Service)
- Certification of No Pending Apprehension and Alarm
- Collection of fees from law enforcement violations
- Drug testing
- Emission testing
- Inventory of Plates
- Issuance of Vanity License Plates
- Issuance of Special Plates
- The use of self-service kiosks
- Process Application for New Driver’s License (DL) via the Automated Driver’s License Examination System (ADLES) Facility
Note that though all LTO offices are created with convenient public service in mind, some offices are not equipped well enough to offer the full range of LTO services. This means that some LTO offices may have limited service offerings. So, if you are in Passi City, it’s best to check with the LTO Passi City Extension Office first to see if the service you need is available before you make the trip.
How to Contact LTO Passi City
Reaching out to LTO Passi City can be done either by making a call, sending an email, or sending a message via social media. It can be done through the local LTO, via the LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO), or via the LTO Region 6 (Western Visayas) regional office.
To reach out to the LTO Region 6 (Western Visayas) regional office, please check the following contact information:
Land Transportation Office Region 6 – Office of the Regional Director
Agency Code: 0600
Office Address: Brgy. Quintin Salas, Jaro, Iloilo City
Telephone Number: (033) 326 2482
Head of Agency: Eric Lenard E. Tabaldo, CESO IV
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays-Fridays)
To reach out to the LTO Passi City Extension Office, please check out the following contact details:
LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO)
Agency Code: 0634
Office Address: Brgy. Bacuranan, Passi City, Iloilo
Telephone Number: +639 490521567
Head of Agency: Ma. Sonia C. Taclas
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: 8AM – 5PM (Mondays to Fridays)
Where is Passi City
Passi, officially known as the City of Passi, is the only fourth class component city in the province of Iloilo. It is often referred to as the “Sweet City in the Heart of Panay,” thanks in part to its vast pineapple plantations as well as the rice and sugar plantations in the area. It is the largest in terms of land area and income and one of the most populous areas in the region, housing over 88,000 people in over 25,139 hectares (62,120 acres) of land.
Geographically, Passi City, the beating heart-shaped center at the bottom of Panay Island in the Visayas Regions, is a city with a relatively flat topography dominated by rolling hills and narrow valley plains. The area stretches alongside the Jalaur and Lamunan Rivers. It is centrally located in the island of Panay and is bounded by Dumarao in the north, San Rafael in the east, San Enrique in the southeast, Dueñas in the south, Calinog in the west, Bingawan in the northwest, and Barotac Viejo in the northeast.
Google Map Location
Getting in and around the City of Passi is relatively easy. Not only is it landlocked, but it also lies along the Nautical Highway which makes it accessible to any mode of land transportation. It can be reached by IBRD Expressway as well, taking only one hour if you are coming from Roxas City.
Of course, driving around Passi City is also an available option if you own a car and you are a licensed driver. To get more information on the specific driving directions to Passi City and LTO Passi City Extension Office (EO), you may check the map below: